Meritz Hotel Miri is committed to protecting your privacy and all your personal information such as
the guest’s name, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details and will do so in
confidence. We collect necessary information of the guests from them with their authorization and
permission. We will not share any information with a third party or individual outside our company
with prior approval.
affiliates who operate Meritz Hotel Miri including Miri Housing Properties Sdn Bhd (collectively
referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’).
Enclosed also are the reasons for collecting guests’ data, the parties that will have access to it, when
it will be disclosed to other parties, how they can access their details and seek correction when
necessary as well as ways to contact us regarding it.
In visiting the Meritz Hotel website (https://www.meritzhotel.com/) (Website), guests are deemed
3. COLLECTION AND USAGE OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
- We may gather and hold personal information or data regarding the guest or someone whom they are making a reservation for or traveling with. The information will be anything that can identify them or such third party, including without limitation are full name, postal and email addresses, identification details (ID, passports, driving licenses, etc.), payment details, booking and travel information as well as other form relevant in providing information regarding them and or any other third party.
- Guests agree that they have obtained the consent of such third party to provide us with their personal information and to view or change the information. Guests also agree to indemnify us in the event we suffer any loss or damage as a result of their failure to comply with the same.
- The responsibility is entirely the guests’ and theirs alone in ensuring that the personal information they provide us is accurate, up-to-date, and complete and not misleading.
- Methods in which we will gather their personal information:
- To process the guest’s booking/ reservation including but without limitation to process bills and payments, travel notifications, management of their account.
- To provide the guest or someone they know with customer support and services.
- To undertake various activities that are required by law.
- For administrative, operational, marketing, planning, product, or service development, troubleshooting and research requirements.
- To send them information on products and services, special and promotional offers, newsletters or customer survey forms and questionnaires (if any).
- As part of a program, they have joined (e.g., loyalty program) or purchase they have made.
- To resolve disputes or enforcement of our terms and conditions (Please refer to Terms and Conditions).
- Any other purpose for guests’ personal information may include:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with the guest to provide ongoing services.
- To understand guests’ needs and preferences as we maintain a record of the products and services, they receive from us, and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve them better. For example, their birthdates in any case that we are able to present guests with a special promotion.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products or services.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your information:
- To a person who, with a substantial amount of proof and the reasonable judgment of Meritz Hotel, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – For example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- To other departments in the hotel for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services reserved by the guest. This is also so they may better provide services to guests in the event he or she wishes to return to our hotel in the future.
- To third parties involved in supplying guests with services they have purchased to the extent necessary to affect the supply and the process of the transaction.
- To third parties retained by Meritz Hotel to evaluate a guest’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a guest’s account.
- To a public authority figure or an agent of the public authority if by reasonable judgment of Meritz Hotel it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized through disclosure of information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
5. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED BY THIRD PARTIES
Meritz Hotel wishes to inform our guests that we may, from time to time, furnish our guests’
data to third parties who are professional data processors which process and store data for
the hotel. These parties are bound by the requirements in the Personal Data Protection Act
(PDPA), amongst others, in keeping our guests’ personal information in strict confidence.
Any disclosure of a guest’s personal information by Meritz Hotel to a third party will be
made solely on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for
the purpose which it has been disclosed. For example – to perform functions on its behalf
such as reservation handling, data processing or storage, sales and marketing guest surveys or
Private information such as health issues, religious affiliations, commission or alleged
commission of offences will only be collected, used and processed to provide services signed
up by the guests, in accordance with the guests’ express consent. Our guests have the choice,
at the time, not to provide them with sensitive personal data or to revoke their consent.
However, failure to provide such sensitive personal data or revocation of their consent may
result in us being unable to provide them with effective and continuous service.
6. PROTECTION OF DATA BY MERITZ HOTEL
The security of the guests’ personal data is our priority. Meritz Hotel takes all physical,
technical and organizational measures needed to ensure the security and confidentiality of
personal data. If we disclose any of their personal data to our authorized agents or service
providers, we will require them to appropriately safeguard the personal data provided to
We will only retain guests’ data for as long as necessary or until they revoke their
consent for keeping their personal information.
7. ACCESS TO/ CORRECT/ UPDATE PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to ensuring that the personal data we have obtained from guests are
accurate, complete, not misleading and up to date. If there are any changes to the personal
data or if guests believe that the personal data, we have of them is inaccurate, incomplete,
misleading or not up-to-date, please contact us so that we may take steps to update them.
Guests have the right at all times to access their personal data. If they would like to request
access to their personal data, please contact us at the e-mail provided at the end of this
notice. We may take steps to verify guests’ identity before fulfilling their request for access to
their personal data.
Guests may also withdraw their consent with respect to the use of their personal information
for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties (Third party websites).
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of Third-party Websites.
Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Suggested text: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal
the treatment of guests’ privacy by our hotel, including but not limited to the Malaysian Personal
Data protection Act 2010, please contact us at : –
Department: Front Office